Whaaaattttt?! That’s right people! I have read 52 books this year and it’s only September.
That feels lovely. I feel like I’ve read some pretty great books thus far as well.
Since I have met my goal for 2017 as far as how many books I was looking to complete, I am starting on a whole new goal.
I still haven’t completed the reading challenges I had set up for myself to aid in reading 52 books and I’m not sure that I will, however, I am looking to diversify my reading more so there is that.
Ultimately though, I have been itching to rearrange my room but that is impossible with the number of books I have covering various surfaces. So! new goal is to focus my reading on the books stacked up allllll over this room of mine.
I have already purged any books I was no longer interested in and reorganized all these piles accordingly. I figure I can share a TBR as I hit each surface because HOLY CRAP there are a lot of books surrounding me.
This isn’t a bad thing. It’s actually quite nice but! I am constantly staring at the books wishing I could just read them all now so boom! I am. First surface stack we shall attack is the one on top of my totes of books. Oh yes, that’s right. I have so many books that I haven’t read kicking around my room that I had to fill totes with them and stack those because my bookshelves are over stuffed. SO! The books we are starting this adventure with are as follows:
- I Love You, Michael Collins by Lauren Baratz- Logsted currently reading
- A String of Pearls
- The trial by Franz Kafka
- H is for Hawk by Hele Macdonald
- Magonia re-read
- Aerie sequel to Magonia
- 13 Little Blue Envelopes
- The Bedlam Stacks by Natasha Pulley
- A Hero’s Throne by Ross Lawhead
- The Realms Thereunder by Ross Lawhead
- American Street
- Harry Potter and The Philosopher’s Stone by JK Rowling pseudo re-read since I’ve read HP as a whole but not this version
- When Dimple Met Rishi
- Certain Girls by Jennifer Weiner
- Heidi by Johanna Spyri
- Truly Madly Guilty by Liane Moriarty
- Seduction of a Proper Gentleman by Victoria Alexander
- Prince Caspian by CS Lewis
- The Voyage of the Dawn Treader by CS Lewis
- The silver Chair by CS Lewis
- The Last Battle by CS Lewis
- Healing Back Pain
- Creating Health by Deepak Chopra
- A Reliable Wife
- Household Tips and Handy Hints
- Stranger on the Train
Yup. Those are all the books stacked in just one little part of my room. Oh! Add to this the three graphic novels I have kicking around on my computer from NetGalley and the Once Upon a Book Club box I have had for frikkin months just sitting on my floor. Not a clue how long it will take me to get through these but! I do have a readathon to help me get started.
The #ISATRAT readathon starts up tomorrow for the week. The goals are super attainable. My favorite are to read 20 minutes every day and 10 pages a day. I should get through at least one book this way and that is a lovely thing.
BTW I have a big ole list of reviews to get posted too and I’m thinking I’ll try to do one a week going forward at least to catch up.
See you then!