There’s this whole thing in The Sun is Also a Star by Nicola Yoon where the two main characters ask each other questions that are essentially supposed to make them fall in love. It’s kind of adorable.
I was thinking about that trend of surveys back when Myspace was a thing. Remember them? It was like a new one every day. I used to love those.
I’ve always been someone that loves to ask and answer questions. It’s one of those quirks that tends to be a deciding factor in whether or not someone actually wants to keep me around (friendship or otherwise).
I went on a little searchy search in my somewhat stubborn sleeplessness to find some kind of survey related to a new relationship. I am perpetually single after all (that’s not a complaint) and why not?
So! Without further adieu, 20 Interesting Questions to Ask Someone to Get to Know Them, says Buzzle. Let’s get to know me!
- What is the one thing that you love most about yourself? I pride myself on being a great friend. I’m accessible. I don’t hold grudges. I’m not particularly judgmental. I am open to giving advice. I am just as happy chit chatting on the phone as I am texting. I don’t require seeing someone constantly to consider them one of my people. I try my best to really be there for my people. Essentially, I give what I get.
- If you were to change one thing about yourself, what would it be? That moment when I get super stressed and instantly go into bitch mode. That. I’d love to change that. It’s annoying and tend to feel compelled to apologize to anyone that has to deal with me on those days.
- What do you appreciate most about your life? Growing up in Maine. There’s a certain character that develops when you grow up in New England and you don’t even realize it until you go somewhere else. I like that.
Also! Because I can’t just have one here, I appreciate that I get to have a life. My mother and the doctors that performed my surgery when I was just a little bitty me are appreciated every single day.
- What do you like to do in your spare time/on the weekends? In the summer, wearing flip flops! I can’t wear them on the days I work. haha. In general, I love to get lost in a book, try a new recipe, and spend QT with Mom or my people.
- What are the 5 important things you would include in your to-do list? What? If someone asked me this I would just stare at them and ask them to elaborate.
- Do you have any regrets in life? Nope. I believe that all mistakes are made to learn from.
- Have you ever been so drunk that you have not remembered anything of the previous night? Yes and no. I have been so wasted that I only remember bits and pieces but typically it would come back to me at a later date. Like that time I answered a hotel door 100% naked. Yup.
- Would you flirt with a professor of the opposite sex for a better grade? If I thought they were attractive and I needed the grade that bad, perhaps. But why is this only for opposite sex. I mean, if you’re desperate enough for a shortcut to a better grade, why would you care if the professor was the opposite sex or not. I get hit on by men and women. If I’m reduced to flirting for something, I’m not going to care what sex they are. If I’m flirting with the intent to sleep with someone, I’d be more apt to care that it was a good looking man.
- Would you ever go bungee jumping/sky diving/deep sea diving/ parasailing? NOPE
- 15 hours of a train journey through a scenic route or a 1 hour plane ride? OOOOOOOOO! I have this dream of taking a super long train ride so I am allllll for that! Can we go now?
- If you were stuck in an elevator with your childhood idol/crush/boss how would you react? Ok! Crush would be interesting. I’d probably strike up a conversation and see if he remembered me. Idol, I’d be super frikkin awkward. Boss? Uhhh…what’s a childhood boss? Like from my first job? I never met him. haha.
- Would you cover a hickey or flaunt it? I FUCKING HATE HICKEYS. HATE.
- What is the first thing you notice about a member of the opposite sex? Seriously, when was this list posted? Why isn’t it gender neutral? Now, since this is in the “romantic” section I’m going with opposite sex since that’s the gender I date but get with the times Buzzle. I typically notice the hair and eyes. Like today, I was putting away some trash while at work and realized someone was standing in the back room with me. He had ice blue eyes, was dressed in slacks and a comfortable version of the stores uniform. Then I saw the piercing and tattoo and necklace. And that gorrrrrgeous smile. Man! He was what I would call yummy.
- Are there any specific personality traits you would like to see in your life partner? Of course. Doesn’t everyone have that list in their head? Kindness, honesty, trust, humor, passion.
- Do you see yourself getting married in the next few years? No. I’m not opposed to it if I met someone I felt I wanted to marry. Currently, I haven’t been on a date in quite a while so it’s not something I see happening anytime soon.
- Would you marry your partner if you knew they were suffering from a fatal disease? If I was truly In love and wanted to marry them, of course. In sickness and in health, right?
- What is the one thing that would be a deal breaker in any relationship for you? I can’t seriously date someone that smokes weed regularly. I’m also far passed the party stage of my life, so someone that requires a constant party wouldn’t work for me. Oh, and being married. Friendship wise, It’s really only someone completely close minded that I couldn’t actually be friends with.
huh? Well that isn’t 20 questions at all, now is it. Ohhh well. This would be one weird ass conversation. I tend to ask people about vacations, books, movies, music, hobbies,, food, and things of that nature to get to know them.
What do we think? Interesting or no?